Requiring Administrator login

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
gksmith

Post by gksmith » Jul 29th, ’19, 16:40

I have a user in a domain who gets an administrator login prompt when launching FastKeys.
Users do not have administrator rights to their computers - this is the first time I have seen this problem - no other user has this problem.
I went to the program properties and gave Users Full Control to the program - still gets prompt and her login does not have the elevated rights.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled a few times to try to correct this but has not resolved.
Is there a registry key I need to change/delete before uninstall/reinstall FastKeys again?

Greg Smith
Marko

Post by Marko » Jul 29th, ’19, 17:25

FastKeys does not make any registry changes. Can you check if "Run as administrator" option is disabled in Preferences/General?
gksmith

Post by gksmith » Jul 30th, ’19, 15:58

Preferences - Functions - the Run as administrator is cleared and grayed out.
Did a Defaults reset also but no change - unless the computer needs to be rebooted for the change to take affect. Wish I had an image to show you.
Greg Smith
Tom

Post by Tom » Jul 30th, ’19, 22:41

Hi Greg, if the setting is greyed out than you are using the Enterprise Edition with specific corporate policy settings. Please contact our support mail for further detailed support.
gksmith

Post by gksmith » Aug 2nd, ’19, 12:58

I sent an email to them a long time ago and never got a response. I will send another one.
Greg Smith
Marko

Post by Marko » Aug 2nd, ’19, 13:22

Hi Greg, we tend to answer the support mails immediately. I checked and we never received a mail from you - do you use the right mail address?
support at fastkeysautomation.com
gksmith

Post by gksmith » Aug 2nd, ’19, 19:49

That is the email address I used. I am sending it from a different email address from the one I have an account with here. Last message sent at 1:22PM Central time today. Previous one sent at 8:58AM Central time on 7/24/19.
Greg Smith