Bypass User Account Control

Discussion, questions and support.
MacFan

Post by MacFan » Jul 26th, ’19, 16:43

Hi, I'm a new user of Fastkeys. I can see some great potential from it.

My concern at the moment is with my laptop (without a mouse) I want to create some quick keys for some of my regular applications/Utilities

Some of my applications request my approbation from my part to run them, with a popup window (User Account Control) from Windows 10 Pro, it's so annoying.

I hope Fastkey can bypass the User Account Control without to force me to lower my security.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jul 27th, ’19, 19:12

Try running FastKeys as administrator. Alternatively, enable the option "Run as admin" in Preferences/General/Advanced.
MacFan

Post by MacFan » Jul 31st, ’19, 01:59

Marko wrote: Jul 27th, ’19, 19:12 Try running FastKeys as administrator. Alternatively, enable the option "Run as admin" in Preferences/General/Advanced.
Already done and no luck, Windows should be easy but they are taking away way some features we are been use too
gksmith

Post by gksmith » Aug 2nd, ’19, 13:07

I have a similar problem where I have a user who gets an administrator login prompt when launching FastKeys and my users do not have administrator rights to their computers. In my case the Run as Administrator is grayed out and unchecked.

I will be sending another email to the Support team to look into this further.
Greg Smith