Dual Monitor bug with Input Selection Form

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
jonmzb

Post by jonmzb » May 27th, ’19, 20:50

I have noticed that if you have a second monitor connected and you have a long input selection form (requires scrolling or columns) then the dialog box (input selection form) is cut off, including some of the questions and most importantly including the OK button! unplug your second monitor and Ta-Da! the OK button reappears. I am sure this has something to do with how the sizing of the box is chosen in relation to your monitor size - or something like that - but I imagine there might be a simple fix. It is annoying to be pluging and unplugging my external monitor.
Marko

Post by Marko » May 27th, ’19, 21:57

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. You may need to restart Fastkeys after changing the monitor setup.
If this is not the case, could you send us your example fdb file for a review?
jonmzb

Post by jonmzb » May 27th, ’19, 23:08

I tried a few things out and discovered: it seems to somehow be connected to what window is present on the second screen. (maybe). I created a new fastkeys file with just one thing in it. I connected my second monitor, opened chrome, and it worked! Then I opened a word processor and it still worked! then I moved one of my chrome browsers to the second monitor and it no longer worked right in chrome (either montitor), still worked correctly in the word document (on my primary screen). I closed all chrome browsers and reopend one only on my primary monitor and it did not work correctly :-/ . Now even shutting down fastkeys and chrome and reopening on my primary monitor does not work, not until I unplug my external monitor. When I moved my word processor to my second monitor and it didn't work right, moving it back to the primary monitor allowed it to work again. None of this helps me find a convenient workaround but perhaps it is helpful for you. How do I attach a file?
Marko

Post by Marko » May 28th, ’19, 07:19

Thanks, you can send a file to our support mail.
jonmzb

Post by jonmzb » May 29th, ’19, 16:40

Sent. Thanks.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 2nd, ’19, 16:19

this should be resolved in 4.19, thanks for reporting. ;)