Forcing Uppercase in Input and Lowercase in TextExpander

Discussion, questions and support.
vrod5454

Post by vrod5454 » Apr 28th, ’18, 03:23

Hi,

I have two questions that involve forcing case.

Is there a way to force FastKeys to make sure a word is always lower case even if it is in the beginning of a sentence. Here's more context. I have a brand word (let's use acme) that should always be written in lowercase - even if it starts a sentence or in some cases a PowerPoint Title. All the MS programs immediately cap the first letter of a sentence, which is great... except for when I need to type in acme. The only way that I am able to force the lowercase is to send the following

Code: Select all

ac{Left 1}{Backspace}a{Right 1}me
. Is there another way for FastKey to do this? Also, I do not want to change the MS Office settings that auto caps the first letter in a sentence.

The second question involves forcing Uppercase on the first letter of an Input. I have an Input_FirstName. I would like to force the first letter to be Uppercase in case someone types "john" instead of "John". Can this be done?

Thanks,
Victor
Tom

Post by Tom » Apr 29th, ’18, 18:34

The problem is that Word is making a correction after FastKeys finishes sending the text. Your command is not working for me but I was able to trick Word by sending the following (Text Expander or Auto Complete):

%A_Space%{Left}acme{Right}
Regarding your second question, I think this is currently not possible.
vrod5454

Post by vrod5454 » May 3rd, ’18, 20:35

For others reading this....

Tom, what I finally went with is repeating the first letter of the word and then deleting it.

aacme{Left 4}{Backspace}{Right 4}
This seems to work well across all of the MS Office app.