Clipboard / Insert Another Item

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
JGM22

Post by JGM22 » Jan 4th, ’18, 17:13

Currently when I send text to the clipboard I do the following.

Type: Command
Substitute: Clipboard:="Text"

There are circumstances where I want to re-use an existing text expander and would like to leverage the More > Macros > Insert Another Item instead of hard coding the text a second time.

Looking to do this...

Type: Command
Substitute: Clipboard:="%FromExistingTextExpander%"

Thank you for the consideration...JGM
Marko

Post by Marko » Jan 5th, ’18, 09:40

Sorry, this is not possible. What do you want to achieve with the clipboard content?
JGM22

Post by JGM22 » Jan 5th, ’18, 13:16

Instead of hard coding the text I want to goto the clipboard I was hoping to re-use another item that already contained the text that would goto the clipboard. This way I would only need to change the one text expander that contains the text and the others would reference that change instead of changing the text in all of the text expander items ( trying to normalize ). I do this with normal text expander, would hoping to utilize this with the clipboard functionality.

Bottom line, currently I use a VPN to access my customer but they are moving off of the VPN and now I need to RDP into a Windows server. Since FK is installed on my local PC and not the jump server ( I do not have permissions to install FK on the jump server and there are many of them anyways ), FK does not work. I can however send the details to the FK clipboard and paste those into the Windows jump server.