Separator not working in the context menu

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
Fpsware

Post by Fpsware » Mar 19th, ’14, 23:48

I am trying to better organise my Text Expander string, I thought using the separator would be the way to do it, unfortuantely this always appears to be disabled in the context menu.

Alternatively is there any other way to organise the following:

Email address, I would like these neatly organised or grouped together, without using multiple substitues.

Various other texts that belong in specific categories.

I don't want dozens of individual items appearing in the Text Expander list.
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 20th, ’14, 08:54

Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you are using a Text Expander, the way for grouping and organizing items is to use Phrase files. Select Command=Phrase file and then Open to add new files - change the filter to show all files (*.*). Let me know if you will need additional help.

I'm not sure what you mean by context menu. The separators only work in Text Expander and not from Start Menu. In Start Menu you would use Submenus to organize different strings under one menu.
Fpsware

Post by Fpsware » Mar 23rd, ’14, 00:20

Hi Marko, thanks for your reply.

In the below screenshot you can see the Separator is disabled, this is what I'm referring to.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s84/sh/e ... b0350a7e81
Fpsware

Post by Fpsware » Mar 23rd, ’14, 00:29

What I would like to do is more efficiently gorup some items together.

Be-it placing them in folders or expanding / collapsing headers, but some means of grouping assocaited items would be an amazing feature.

Lets say I would like to group the follow items:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s84/sh/71 ... 637f4af1ca
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 23rd, ’14, 11:21

Thanks, very clear now. Currently the only way to group the items is to use Phrase files.

But I agree, we will take a look and see if other ways of grouping could be implemented in the future. Thanks for your suggestions.