Fastkey disables Win 8.1 window snap on multiple monitors

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
CHanskat

Post by CHanskat » Nov 27th, ’13, 17:56

Hi,

Trying Fastkeys with default installation setup and noticed when it's running snapping Metro app windows (Win+left or right) doesn't work. It briefly resizes the window then goes back to full screen on one monitor. Unloading Fastkeys allows normal operation. I don't see that Fastkeys alters the Win+left (or right) keys, but maybe I'm missing something. All the functions of Fastkeys seem to be working fine.
Alex DP

Post by Alex DP » Nov 28th, ’13, 03:29

I cannot confirm the problem, it works in my case with a default installation of FastKeys on Win 8.1 Pro x64.

BTW: Win-L or Win-R works also with standard desktop apps for snapping (very useful feature).
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 28th, ’13, 20:40

CHanskat wrote:

Trying Fastkeys with default installation setup and noticed when it's running snapping Metro app windows (Win+left or right) doesn't work. It briefly resizes the window then goes back to full screen on one monitor. Unloading Fastkeys allows normal operation. I don't see that Fastkeys alters the Win+left (or right) keys, but maybe I'm missing something. All the functions of Fastkeys seem to be working fine.
There are no pre-programmed or internal shortcuts which would use Win key. Unfortunately I cannot try it on my setup today. How many monitors are you using?

Could you try disabling some modules (Menu, Tools, Module activation) to see if one of them is causing the issue?
CHanskat

Post by CHanskat » Dec 1st, ’13, 17:02

Hi,

I am using two 1920x1200 monitors with extended desktop. I found disabling AutoComplete in FastKeys resolved the problem.

Regards,

Charles
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 2nd, ’13, 12:21

Thanks for this info, I'll check what might be the issue.
CHanskat

Post by CHanskat » Dec 3rd, ’13, 15:58

Marko,

Thanks. I also noticed today when I added a third monitor that the scroll wheel on the mouse controls the volume whenever the mouse is anywhere on the far right monitor, and keeping the scrolling from working in any apps in that window. Disabling the volume control in preferences eliminates the problem (but also eliminates one more feature of FastKeys).
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 3rd, ’13, 16:40

After adding a new monitor, FastKeys needs to be restarted to work properly.

You could also check your screen display settings that the right monitor is really on the right. How is a start menu behavior on the third monitor?
CHanskat

Post by CHanskat » Dec 13th, ’13, 18:41

Hi Marko,

Yes restarting FastKeys after adding 3rd monitor the scroll wheel volume control now works as expected.

The start menu behavior works fine too.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been traveling this week and away from the desktop.

Regards,

Charles
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 17th, ’13, 10:00

Thanks for your reply Charles, I'm glad it works as expected.