Will not open

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
DEREK80

Post by DEREK80 » Oct 23rd, ’18, 16:45

This is the second time that I have requested help from FastKeys, but I am still struggling.
The first Version 4:12 did not open in any normal fashion. FastKeys said look for the red line at the top of the screen. It was revealed if one hovered with the mouse arrow in the centre of the screen, but I lost patience when programming the app and it disappeared.
Fastkeys said to download v.13 so I did. Unfortunately my WIN10 seized up and I had go back to a restore point.
That caused a loss of the App so I downloaded a trial version from the FastKeys site.
Now nothing happens so I can't re-register with my p/w.
There is a flash of the red line in the centre of the screen, so I must be near but once it has gone...........................it's gone.
Anyone got an idea. I'm a writer so it can be really useful.
Why on earth does the app have a funny way of working.
I used to use an XP version of a similar, but very much smaller app.
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 23rd, ’18, 19:03

If you see a small red line (loading indicator) then FastKeys is working in the background. Do you see a FastKeys Tray icon? Left-click on it to open FastKeys main window.

Alternatively you may also move your mouse cursor to the top edge of the screen to activate a Start Menu - select Settings to open the main FastKeys window.

Do you see your data? If not, you may select File/Restore Backup to retrieve your settings backup.

https://fastkeysautomation.com/document ... Guide.html
DEREK80

Post by DEREK80 » Oct 24th, ’18, 10:49

Thank you for your prompt reply.

1. There is a flash of the red line but I cannot catch it with the mouse. It is literally a few miliseconds in length.
2. There is no FastKeys icon in the Tray.
3. I can open the settings item on the menu that drops down by left clicking on the upper edge of the screen. This opens a Text Expander tool, but, apart from ticking any of the small choose-boxes, there is no access to the FastKeys screen.

If I double click the FastKeys desk top icon I do not get any other icon in the tray. Can I assume that I have not got the complete App from my download?
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 24th, ’18, 12:35

1. The red line is just an indicator that FastKeys is loading.
2. Have you checked if the Tray icon is hidden? Click on the triangle icon in the Tray to see all available icons.

Can you check if FastKeys is active? Open Notepad and type kr followed by Enter. "Kind regards" should appear. Also, pressing Alt+S should open a Windows Snipping tool.

If there is no FastKeys icon and the above test is negative, then it could be that FastKeys is blocked by some security software. Please check and unblock it manually.