Menu key, Select/Unselect All, Required fields, RegEx

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
catasolo

Post by catasolo » Nov 5th, ’22, 17:56

1. The Menu key on the keyboard cannot be used. At least I did not find it.

2. When there are long lists of phrases and I would like to select all the only option to do this fast is by clicking on the first phrase at the top then use (Shift + End) combination. Please analyze adding two more Select All / Unselect All buttons next to the current three buttons (New, Move Up, Move Down).

3. We should have the option to request the filling in of the inputs. As it is now, if there are too many fields in a form, an important one may be omitted due to fatigue or automation. Checking a paragraph would mean wasted time.

4. Validating a filled in string is also extremely important. For example, if what was entered is an email address, a URL, letters, numbers, text, date. All this would be solved by adding the RegEx validation.

For 1 and 4 there are paid text expanders that solved these issues. If you need to investigate them please contact me in private.
Tom

Post by Tom » Nov 7th, ’22, 16:55

1. AppsKey?
2. Agreed, we will try to implement the Ctrl+A shortcut.
3. The required field setting is on the wish list already.
4. Currently FastKeys supports the following validations; digits only, uppercase, lowercase. We may add more in the future.

Thanks for your suggestions! :)
catasolo

Post by catasolo » Nov 7th, ’22, 18:33

Thank you Tom for your reply.

1. Selecting Apps option from the dropdown keys list solved my issue related to the missing [Menu] key.

4. RegEx is really a must have for input fields validation. The current ones are very limited and they do not cover basic situations like email, URL's or dates.

As a positive feedback, I tried a lot of text expanders this weekend to find one that makes a good balance between features / performance / intuitive UI / price / technical support / forum. So far FastKeys covers a most of them. It has the best RAM consumption, but there are two text expanders which consume one 125 MB and another one 450 MB. This happens without having any sophisticated phrases, from my point of view such a thing is inadmissible, as long as this program must run permanently in the background. A simple interface is preferable to one extremely crowded and decorated like a Christmas tree.