Fastkeys 2.12 randomly disabling scroll wheel & right click

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
nth

Post by nth » Jun 11th, ’14, 18:43

I can confirm this is still happening to me as well with gestures and mouse trail turned on. I've turned off the mouse trail and will see if that resolves it. I wish I could be more specific, but I can't find anything specific that triggers the issue.
nth

Post by nth » Jun 23rd, ’14, 18:19

Turning off mouse trails doesn't resolve it. Turning off Gestures does (or reloading Fastkeys).

One thing that would be handy to have an option for a shortcut/hotkey to reload Fastkeys. When the right click quits working I've got to go into settings, turn off gestures and save. If there was a way to just reload that would be quicker. I looked around and couldn't come up with any way to build a shortcut to the reload function either.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 24th, ’14, 12:24

Thanks. We are looking into it. It must be related to some specific setups as it only happens on some computers.

Until this is resolved you can right-click FastKeys icon and select Reload or select File/Reload from the main menu.
nth

Post by nth » Jun 25th, ’14, 18:37

Marko, the issue is that when this problem shows up it kills the right click so I can't just right click and reload. That's why I'd like to see a shortcut/hotkey to reload. Also if it helps at all I'm using the portable version.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 30th, ’14, 15:22

nth, for the time being you can create a shortcut to run FastKeys again (it works the same as reloading):

Type=Run

c:\Program Files\FastKeys\FastKeys.exe

You can also Reload from the menu File/Reload.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jul 11th, ’14, 20:17

Reload shortcut Shift-Alt-R is now enabled in FastKeys 2.15.
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 19th, ’14, 21:45

Thanks. We have recently been able to reproduce this issue. It only happens on some computers (slower ones?) and when special applications are opened which handle mouse hook on lower level. Do you have any other application opened?

We plan to resolve this issue in a next release.

For enabling scroll wheel, you can disable Volume control (Preferences/Functions), longer right click press should also work.
xaval

Post by xaval » Apr 10th, ’15, 22:53

I have the same issue and the taskbar freeze and doesn't respond if i click on it.
fastkeys version is 2.24b
I've windows 8.1 on a fast notebook with tactile screen.

When i disable Mouse gesture, it seems to solve the problème.

Note: I had the same issue when i used strokeplus.
dougbrian

Post by dougbrian » Sep 10th, ’16, 23:46

Version 3.11 and this is still a terribly annoying problem. It doesn't happen with Perfect Keyboard Pro.

My setup: Windows 7 Enterprise on a Lenovo X1 Carbon, Chrome browser. If I maximize (or of course, close) FK the problem goes away, but then of FK isn't intercepting keystrokes anymore. I'll start killing apps to see if there's anything else interfering...

Update: Closed all nonessential apps and no change. After opening and minimizing, I can right-click once, then nothing. It seems to think I'm left-clicking.

Update 2: Looks like the problem is that I'm using the mouse left-handed. Every few days to give my right shoulder/wrist a break, I shift to the other side AND open the mouse properties app to "switch the primary and secondary buttons." It seems FK somehow interferes with opposite-handed mousing if you swap buttons. Doh. And not just the mouse but also the trackpad right-click (secondary) button doesn't work either for lefties when FK is active.

Please let us button-swapping ambedexterites & lefties know when there's a fix, thanks.

-Doug
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 12th, ’16, 06:06

Thanks Doug, this is very useful. I was able to reproduce the issue - it is clearly related to "switch the primary and secondary buttons" mouse setting.

We will try to solve this issue for the next release. Until then, you can change the gesture shortcut to something else, for example "Ctrl + RButton" or disable Gestures module.