First letter capitalization

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
Denenstein

Post by Denenstein » Oct 18th, ’16, 13:28

I have a couple of my email addresses stored as phrase files. They are stored in all lower case but sometimes when I insert them in a website fill in area the first letter is capitalized which will not work because the field they are going in is case sensitive. It does not happen all of the time. Is there a way to force the phrase to stay in lower case?
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 19th, ’16, 00:01

Can you post a link to one of such sites that we can test it?
toneto

Post by toneto » Nov 8th, ’16, 21:42

Same problem here. I don't remenber where I had this little issue but it also happened to me.

A suggestion: Can you add an option to the Text Expander configuration, so I can choose if the CAPS key of my keyboard have any influence in the text that replace my Abbreviation?.

In other words, a "Case insensitive" option. If I don't mark this option, when I have the Caps keys pressed the text that replace my abbreviation will be capitalized, but if I choose this option the text that replace my abbreviation will be exactly as defined, ignoring the CAPS key situation.

It's the only thing I would like to see to improve this great program.

Thanks!
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 9th, ’16, 17:31

Yes, we can add such setting. ;)

Please let me know if you would find exact steps causing the issue.
toneto

Post by toneto » Nov 9th, ’16, 22:08

Marko wrote:

Yes, we can add such setting. ;)

Please let me know if you would find exact steps causing the issue.I have got the issue a couple of times, and I can´t remember the web and the explorer I was surfing, but I think It was during a registration process in a forum. When the problem repeat I´ll comment it here