I wish Settings could be moved on the Start Menu

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
Darren

Post by Darren » Sep 24th, ’21, 14:46

This isn't a huge deal, but I wish "Settings" could be moved up higher on the Start Menu. Occasionally I accidentally go down too far on the screen and the Start Menu opens and before I realize it, I have clicked on "Settings." If I had my choice, I'd rather accidentally click on something like Notepad rather than FastKeys' settings.

Or maybe another option is that the bottom position of the Start Menu could be left blank so that accidentally clicking on it will have no result.

Or I wonder if another good option is that the Start Menu could open up above your cursor so that if you accidentally move down too far and click, you will click on whatever object on your screen you were hoping to click on rather than on the FastKeys Start Menu.

I like the FastKeys Start Menu, but I accidentally click on it one or two times a day, so it can be a bit annoying too.
Marko

Post by Marko » Sep 24th, ’21, 18:00

Thanks for your suggestion, we may add addition position options in one of the next releases.

Alternatively, you could
- disable "Add settings to Start Menu" option in Preferences/Start Menu to remove the Settings item from the menu,
- open the main FastKeys window by clicking on a Tray icon or by using a shortcut (default is F8).
Darren

Post by Darren » Sep 29th, ’21, 12:46

@Marko

Oh, wow! Both of those are excellent options. I didn't realize I could remove settings from the Start Menu. I guess that is exactly what I was asking for.

Opening from an icon might be an even better option for me.

Thanks so much!