ERROR

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
blortch1

Post by blortch1 » Oct 15th, ’13, 06:56

In 2.01 I'm receiving "ERROR: Some commands were stopped. Please check latest edited commands and correct duplicates." The app is freezing as well necessitating use of task manager in Windows 8 64-bit. There are no duplicate commands. I use text expander only.
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 15th, ’13, 09:03

Hi, thanks for reporting. This error typically means that you are running comands which are somehow in conflict with each other.

Do you have all modules except Text Expander disabled in settings? Do you use Phrase files for your abbreviations? Could you try disabling some of the entries to see which one is causing trouble? You could also try to pressing Enter to close the error window.

Please send me an email to [email protected] for further support, we shall find a cause very quickly.

Marko
JaymesRS

Post by JaymesRS » Mar 17th, ’14, 16:56

So I was getting the same error, and through troubleshooting, it seemed that it had to do with the leading character I used. I have an agenda template that I have it auto lay-out, and the error would trigger when I would save "/agenda" for example, but not ",agenda". is there a list of acceptable leading characters, for example, it seems it also won't trigger on "`agenda", however it did not error.
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 17th, ’14, 18:23

The reason for your error is that "/" character is by default defined as a separator which allows multiple variations of strings and substitutes. If you want to use it as a prefix go to Preferences/Text Expander to change the separator character (must not be blank - we will change this in the next release).

The accent/backtick (`) is a special escape character used to indicate that the character immediately following it should be interpreted literally. To use it as a prefix, you need to escape it itself, like "``agenda". It can also be used to call special characters like Enter, Tab etc. Very unusual but for example, the string "agenda`t" would be triggered when you type "agenda" followed by a tab.

If you always use the same leading character (prefix), you can also set it in the preferences.
JaymesRS

Post by JaymesRS » Mar 17th, ’14, 18:26

Awesome, thanks!
defrian

Post by defrian » Jun 9th, ’16, 10:43

Hi there,

tried to apply it to one of my text expansions but do not get the result I want:

Expansion String

``%low

Result

`%med

How can I get rid of the accent/backtick in the result?

Best Regards,
André
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 9th, ’16, 14:02

What exactly you want to do (string, substitute)?

Post by Guest » Jun 9th, ’16, 15:52

i defined myself a syntax for my meeting notes

Examples:

&Name for attendees
@Name for things to delegate
[ ] for Tasks

and % for signaling a risk. I use it in combination with %low %med %high to signal a risk Level.
I developed my Meeting note Syntax years ago because it works on paper as well as on Computers an in any language.
I found no better sign for signaling a risk then the % sign.

I understood the that the Accent/backtick is an escape character and that it therefore has to be escaped as well.
So I expected that ```%low will lead to %low as result.

best regards,
André
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 9th, ’16, 16:52

This is an old thread. Just put %low as a substitute - no need to escape.
defrian

Post by defrian » Jun 13th, ’16, 12:13

this is what I first tried, but in fastkeys 3.10 %low is expanded to `low

any idea?