Can't access setting dialog from fastkey menu

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
eselick

Post by eselick » Oct 23rd, ’14, 16:38

Hi

I'm having a problem with the latest version of Fastkeys. When I go to the top edge of the screen the usual Fasktkey menu appears but clicking on settings doesn't do anything. I've tried closing all other windows but that doesn't work. This is the second time this has happened and the first time I re-installed Fastkeys which fixed the problem but I ly don't want to re-install since I've put a lot of time into customized everything. I'm running Window 7 x64.

Thanks
Elliot
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 23rd, ’14, 18:13

Could you try deleting settings.ini file from \program files\fastkeys\data folder?
We will correct this issue asap.
eselick

Post by eselick » Oct 24th, ’14, 00:06

Hi Marko

I did as you suggested and it worked but I have lost all of the custom textexpander setting and menus that I worked so diligently to create. What I really don't understand is that after the setting menu re-appeared I copied back my original settings.ini file and my customizations were still gone. Any ideas, this is really not a good thing.

Thanks
Elliot
eselick

Post by eselick » Oct 24th, ’14, 02:24

Hi Marko

I've gotten back my old settings by copying a backup of settings.fdb into the install data folder

Are there any other important files that I really need to backup up or is settings enough?

Thanks

Elliot
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 24th, ’14, 08:13

By deleting settings.ini you only delete your user preferences and not actual user data. You can have multiple .fdb files which are accessible from the menu (File/Open, Save, Save As etc.). Sorry for the inconvenience.