2.11 displaying error in Excel 2013 due to clipboard history

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
vahju

Post by vahju » Apr 10th, ’14, 20:20

I have been using fastkeys for a while and it's a great program but noticed something today after I updated to 2.11.

While excel 2013 is open and fastkeys 2.11 is running when trying to copy a cell/range/column/row I get the below error:

The picture is too large and will be truncated.

After doing some research on the interwebs it seems this error can come up in all versions of Office when another program has a connection to the windows clipboard.

I was able to verify that FastKeys was causing the issue because I was not getting the error after Fastkeys was shut down. I think the clipboard history feature is causing a problem with Excel.

Is there any way that you can disable the clipboard history feature in 2.11? or maybe a way to exclude it from working in certain applications?
Marko

Post by Marko » Apr 10th, ’14, 22:09

Thanks for your input. Yes, we are aware of this behaviour. Excel is known for using it's own tricks with the clipboard so both applications are potentially in conflict.

We plan to add more clipboard management options in the future and one of them could be a list of excluded applications. For now you can change the clipboard history preference to zero or set the clipboard shortcut to None. I'm not able to test it right now but it should work.