Ctrl + Shift + Alt +/Shift + Ctrl + Alt + issue

Discussion, questions and support.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Mar 8th, ’19, 19:22

Hello,

Have been having this issue for a while. Basically when you apply the following combination of a shortcut to a recorded macro. It sometimes displays as:

Ctrl + Shift + Alt + [character]
and other times:
Shift + Ctrl + Alt + [character]

The main problem with this is, is that it often makes up for very frequent duplicate errors (for me anyway).

Since both are essentially the same, yet are saved differently. The program doesn't differentiate the duplicate addition, and after a fairly long "Checking errors", upon hitting "Apply", you get this error window:

Seemingly undetected duplicates, causing the error:

I propose to merge the two into one or the other, i.e., for example to always save "Shift + Ctrl + Alt + [character]", instead of sometimes "Shift + Ctrl + Alt + [character]" and sometimes "Ctrl + Shift + Alt + [character]". This would also help one greatly, upon visual discernment, in terms of attempting to find an available shortcut for a macro, rather than checking one place of this combination here and another there.
Tom

Post by Tom » Mar 8th, ’19, 22:41

I tried hard to reproduce this but on our computers I consistently get Ctrl + Shift + Alt, no matter what.
How do you enter a shortcut?
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Mar 9th, ’19, 10:05

Tom wrote: Mar 8th, ’19, 22:41 I tried hard to reproduce this but on our computers I consistently get Ctrl + Shift + Alt, no matter what.
How do you enter a shortcut?
By pressing the keys on the keyboard, for example if Ctrl + Shift + Alt + R exists and you add a new shortcut, pressing the same keys, it will be saved as Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R. Can record a quick gif for this, if anything
Tom

Post by Tom » Mar 9th, ’19, 15:59

OK, we will make this more consistent in the next release.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Mar 9th, ’19, 19:37

Tom wrote: Mar 9th, ’19, 15:59 OK, we will make this more consistent in the next release.
Awesome, thanks!