Mounting NFS

Discussion, questions and support.
JJussi

Post by JJussi » Jan 24th, ’19, 10:09

Hi!
How can make my "mount v" shortcut work? Problem is : and / -characters.

Type: "Send"

Code: Select all

mount.exe -o nolock 10.0.0.44:/video/video v:
resulting

mount.exe -o nolock 10.0.0.44^'video'video v
(edit)
Other "special" characters have same problem...

cat /tmp/SIDs
echo -ne "\n\nGive SID: "; read SID; export ORAENV_ASK=NO; export ORACLE_SID=$SID; . /usr/local/bin/oraenv
Resulting

cat 'tmp'SIDs
echo -ne ħn§nGive SID^Ĩread SID¨export ORAENV_ASK+NO¨export ORACLE_SID+¤SID¨. 'usr'local'bin'oraenv
This problem is at CMD and BASH -command prompts. Is this something releated to UTF-characters?!?
Marko

Post by Marko » Jan 24th, ’19, 18:34

Tested on our computers and all characters are sent correctly. It could be that your console is using different input language. For example, when FastKeys sends a virtual key-code of the character :, the console wrongly interprets it as ^. Try in Notepad to see if it works.
JJussi

Post by JJussi » Jan 25th, ’19, 05:57

Hi!
Testing and.. You are right.
If I change my keyboard from FIN (Finnish) to ENG (English), those shortcuts works fine.

Is this "keyboard layout" problem actually BUG?
Can I use some procedure to "mimic" keyboard typing?
JJussi

Post by JJussi » Jan 25th, ’19, 06:46

Hi!
I found (not so satisfy solution) that if set your keyboard to ENG before typing text to Fastkeys (and you need to type, copy&paste from notepad don't give wanted result), it comes right way to command prompt IF your keyboard is set to FIN that time. If keyboard is set to ENG when using command prompt, it comes wrong way (different way than original problem describe).

If keyboard is set to ENG, result is:

cat &tmp&SIDs<echo -ne @
If keyboard is set to FIN, result is:

cat /tmp/SIDs;echo -ne "
JJussi

Post by JJussi » Jan 25th, ’19, 07:12

Hi!
Found "solution" to my problem.
With my windows 10, I can have multiple languages installed, I can say that windows is English (US), BUT I need to install Finnish keyboard layout as "first" keyboard.

If I have English windows (with default US QWERTY keyboard installed) with Finnish language pack, I can select (of course) my typing language to be Finnish (top entry at language list) and my keyboard works as Finnish keyboard... But FastKeys have problem.