Multi line center-aligned RTF problem

Discussion, questions and support.
gustms

Post by gustms » May 18th, ’15, 03:28

Hello,

testing the new 3.0 version, I found a small problem that I couldn't find a way to fix. Last line from a center-aligned RTF text isn't center aligned as the rest.

How to reproduce:

Create an auto-complete entry.
Add a multi-line text, like this:
"Testing
test2
test3
test4"
Center-align all the text, and save
execute the code in Word, and last line won't be center-aligned. Back to fastkeys, the last line won't be centered in the editor as well.

Does it happen for anyone else?

Thanks
Marko

Post by Marko » May 18th, ’15, 09:40

thanks for reporting, the same issue with other paragraph related settings. This will corrected asap.
Marko

Post by Marko » May 18th, ’15, 20:15

This has now been resolved and should work correctly.
gustms

Post by gustms » May 20th, ’15, 02:47

Hello Marko,

Downloaded new version, and it is not working for me at all, anymore. Any RTF that I do in Text Expander or Auto Complete won't work at all. It just clears the string, and paste what I previously had in clipboard.

Any suggestions of what I could try?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Marko

Post by Marko » May 20th, ’15, 09:28

FastKeys uses internal clipboard to paste the rtf data. Could you try the following:
- create a new rtf item in text expander and see if it works,
- if not, please download FastKeys again - I have made a small change to paste the command slower - any difference?

Thanks for your patience.
gustms

Post by gustms » May 20th, ’15, 14:15

Thank you Marko for the quick reply.

I did what you asked, and it did not work as well.

BUT, I noticed this is only happening in Word 2016, other Office 2016 programs and Wordpad. I tested the string within Cintanotes, a note-taking app that supports RTF, and it is working just fine, as it should, with center-aligned lines working as well.

Notepad++ doesn't seem to support RTF, as well as Adobe Acrobat, and the same thing happens within them as in Word. So, does this mean that Word 2016 and Wordpad doesn't support RTF? Any ideas of other software or things that I could try?

Sorry for bothering you with this, and thanks again for this great program.
Marko

Post by Marko » May 20th, ’15, 15:19

From your first post I understood it worked but just with the alignment issue. Have you used different Office version then?

I didn't know Office 2016 is already available...
gustms

Post by gustms » May 20th, ’15, 15:26

Well, you are right. It worked, with just the alignment issues. Now I'm intrigued.

It is available as a preview, for office 365 users.

PS: I just updated the office package for the newest test released yesterday or today, and it seems to be working fine for Word again. Gonna test it a bit more later.

Thanks again!
Marko

Post by Marko » May 22nd, ’15, 22:05

I slightly adjusted the clipboard paste delay again. For larger clipboard contents you can adjust Paste Delay option under Preferences/Text Expander.
gustms

Post by gustms » May 24th, ’15, 02:54

Thank you! It is working fine now after office update, with the new FK version as well.