sending a bunch of strings on a 'as is' basis

Discussion, questions and support.
Marty123

Post by Marty123 » Jun 4th, ’23, 12:35

Hi Tom/Marko

How do you faithfully reproduce a block of text and syntaxes such as the one enclosed in {} in fastkeys, without fastkeys itself sending all sorts of error message ? As you can tell, this is the content of a FDF file, the backbone of PDF.

Say it is possible, how do you then take a step forward to use a variable within that block of text? for example, instead of 'given name' i would like to use a variable %name% which i can hardcode it at the beginning of the script like name:="Andrew Scott", or write an excel function to retrieve from an excel file.

say if this is even possible, can i even put condition logic within the field value's parenthesis? (especially for values that contains 'yes' or 'no', or 'male' or 'female'). for example if %gender% is 'male', then the corresponding field's value for female should have nothing-for ex. like '()', while then, the field value for male should be '(male)'.

Appreciate both of your time, and God Speed.

{

<<
/V ()
/T (Given Name)
>>
<<
/V /Yes
/T (Section B CSPlus Term Option2)
>>
<<
/V /
/T (Section B CSPlus Term Option1)
>>
<<
/V /

}
Tom

Post by Tom » Jun 4th, ’23, 20:24

To send {} characters you need to put them in braces, like {{}, {}} or select Send Raw Text option.
https://fastkeysautomation.com/documentation5/Send.html
Marty123

Post by Marty123 » Jun 5th, ’23, 05:01

thank you.