How to find Universal Apps for the start menu?

Discussion, questions and support.
Surya

Post by Surya » May 9th, ’23, 00:42

Hello,
I am new here and want to say at first thanks for this great software!

I added several programs & folders successful to my start menu.
But for several Universal Apps I cannot find out how to find the file.
I tried with shortcut on the desktop >properties, I tried with the search in file manager, I tried with the task manager >properties, I tried with FastKeys >Window Informations. I asked google.
All without success.
For example: MusicBee, MusicBrainz Picard, Mp3Tag, Fotos, One Photo Viewer, Kalender, Wetter, Wetter 14 Tage, Prozentrechner, Translatium,...
How can I find them out?

Hopeful thanks for your help!
Surya

(I added one of them (One Photo Viewer) successful by macro recorder >command. But with this solution the program starts quite slowly and many of them I want to start in a fast way and normally they start really fast).
Tom

Post by Tom » May 9th, ’23, 12:17

Microsoft made this complicated ;)

The easiest is to create a desktop shortcut
https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-t ... indows-10/
Then hold Shift and right-click the shortcut and select "Copy as Path". Use this path in FastKeys Run mode.

There is also a way to directly run the app:
https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-t ... indows-10/
Surya

Post by Surya » May 9th, ’23, 15:15

Hello Tom,

big thanks for your answer!
I've chosen the second one- I want to have everything inside the start menu and nowhere else- so also no bloating shortcuts on my desktop.
It's really complicated- but works :-))) (at least the first one I tried, hoping all the others will work too)
Maybe Microsoft do not want, that people download such universal apps... Unfortunately I don't know how to see before installing if it is universal or not.