Missing phrase files on new installation

Discussion, questions and support.
gjbth

Post by gjbth » Mar 1st, ’23, 14:36

I am a new user of FastKeys and have recently installed the professional version.

I am still setting up the software and testing the numerous features. I have found with my installation, that out of the list of Auto correct
language files shown under installed phrase files, only the Spanish file is actually installed. I have checked in the phrase file folder and these .fkp files do not exist. I would like at least the Auto Correct English.fkp.

I am guessing these files need to be downloaded in addition the program installation file. If so where can I download them from.
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 1st, ’23, 18:53

Auto Correct English.fkp (and others) is a part of a standard installation.
Manually delete Documents/FastKeys/Phrase files folder (you may want to make a backup first) and install FastKeys again.
gjbth

Post by gjbth » Mar 1st, ’23, 19:32

Thanks for the help Marko, I have carried out the steps you detailed, but still no Autocorrect files.
The FastKeys_Setup.exe file downloaded from your site is 2.97MB in size and it's properties state that's it is version 5.11

I am assuming that there is only one installation file that covers both the trial and purchased version.
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 1st, ’23, 20:15

The file is correct. You need to delete the Documents/FastKeys/Phrase files folder and then install.
Or delete the whole Documents/FastKeys folder and perform a clean install.
gjbth

Post by gjbth » Mar 2nd, ’23, 08:11

I cleared FastKeys completely and did a full reinstall. The Autocorrect files were still missing from the Phrase files folder.
But I have found them in the main program folder \FastKeys 5\Resources\Inst.