Universal Launcher

Discussion, questions and support.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Jul 11th, ’22, 14:24

Hi, I am new. I am a PhraseExpress user thinking about switching over to FK. But I will want to be able to use FK as a universal launcher. Is there a way to do this? I see that you can input strings that run various commands, open files, URLs, etc. which is half the battle, but the problem is: How does one make sure that FK is receiving my keyboard input (versus my browser, or whatever other program I am in)? In PhraseExpress, there is an option to trigger a menu, and *then* input the string, ensuring that what I am typing is being received by PhraseExpress. But in FK, I am not seeing this option. You just have to begin tying and hope that FK receives the input, but if I am in, say..., in Gmail, within a browser, and I begin typing a string meant for FK, it may think I am executing keyboard shortcuts for Gmail and I accidentally start archiving email (or whatever). I hope my question makes sense. Thank you.
Tom

Post by Tom » Jul 11th, ’22, 19:12

Not sure what you mean. There are multiple ways how to launch programs, files and websites in FastKeys:
- using direct keyboard shortcuts
- creating popup selections
- using Start Menu or a Toolbar
- using Auto Complete
. using Run macros...

They are all explained in this video tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzWZ88H407s