Does FastKeys support tables?

Discussion, questions and support.
theprofessionalguru

Post by theprofessionalguru » May 30th, ’22, 12:20

Hello everyone!

This is my first ever post in this forum so please bear with me for any teething troubles or misunderstandings. I am a teacher/ assessor and I'm intending to use FastKeys for providing feedback (really long-winded) to my learners.

I don't know if FastKeys supports tables. This is where the canned responses are selected as part of table output.
An example can be a list of assessment criteria in the first column of a table. Using FastKeys, we can provide all the 'Strengths' in column 2 and 'Areas for Improvement' in column 3.
I don't know if that makes sense, however, I was hoping someone can help in this regard.

We further need to select the degree of something as well. So, a learner's response can be fairly okay / good / very good / excellent / outstanding - we need to select only 1 option out of the ones here. How does one achieve that?
Marko

Post by Marko » May 31st, ’22, 22:07

I’m not sure I understand correctly. Take a look at Selection Form and Selection Table macros.
https://fastkeysautomation.com/document ... nForm.html
https://fastkeysautomation.com/document ... Table.html

Is this what you are looking for?
theprofessionalguru

Post by theprofessionalguru » Jun 1st, ’22, 10:03

Hello Marko,

Thank you very much for responding.
Yes, both the options that you have mentioned will be helpful. However, on top of these, I was wondering if we could have the output as a table.
So, instead of even typing the shortcuts, one will be able to create a table and then there will be all the features pre-saved on the table so that the user simply uses the variables in the tables instead of worrying about typing the shortcuts.
Does that make sense? I can create a short video to explain what I'm trying to say, however, not sure if I can send it here.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 1st, ’22, 10:35

You could format the output as a table with a Rich Text formatting. Or use tabs with non-formatted text.
But yes, please contact our mail support to discuss the idea in more details. Thanks.
theprofessionalguru

Post by theprofessionalguru » Jun 6th, ’22, 21:27

Hello Marko,

Can you please paste the link to study 'Rich Text Formatting' - I could not find it using Search.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 8th, ’22, 21:12

Right click or select More icon to select Rich Text formatting.
theprofessionalguru

Post by theprofessionalguru » Jun 10th, ’22, 08:47

Hello Marko,
It doesn't shoot any response when the text is in Rich Text format.
Once I changed it back to normal text (No formatting), it shoots the response.
Am I supposed to activate something?
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 11th, ’22, 07:45

Rich text can only work in Rich text editors, Word, Wordpad, Outlook etc.