FasktKeys using all caps

Discussion, questions and support.
CharlieD

Post by CharlieD » Feb 16th, ’22, 19:07

I created a shortcut for a phrase I use often to help speed up my productivity. So it should just type out the phrase ' Medication Management ' but about half the time it types out ' MEDICATION MANAGEMENT '.
Sometimes if I shut the program down and restart it, it will act correctly, but it often starts doing all caps periodically as again before long. There's no rhyme or reason why or when it will do it or for how long it will do it for. Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

*I cannot figure out how to attach the screenshot I took.
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 16th, ’22, 19:52

Do you use the most recent version?

Try to disable "Adjust to typed case" option in Preferences/Text Expander. This option allows substitutes to follow the typed case, for example if you type the abbreviation string in all caps then also the substitute will be in all caps.
CharlieD

Post by CharlieD » Feb 16th, ’22, 20:55

I am using the most recent version, or when I go to the Tools>Check for Updates it tells me I have the most current version.
I did change the setting, but this is a shortcut that I use Alt+NumPad4 to trigger. Does that make any difference?
I'll go in and try using it with that disabled and see if it helps though.
CharlieD

Post by CharlieD » Feb 20th, ’22, 11:32

I just wanted to report back, that even though I didn't think they would be related, I did what you recommended and it worked. I've been using it quite a bit since your advice posted and it hasn't switched everything to all caps again. Thank you so much for your help.