[New User] How to differentiate keyboards

Discussion, questions and support.
Team-Hufflepuff

Post by Team-Hufflepuff » Feb 8th, ’22, 18:01

So I just bought a 12key MMO Gaming mouse, and I was hoping to attach different macros to different keys using this app.

However, when I click the numbers on the mouse, they register as regular numbers. This means that any macros I make will trigger when typing with my regular keyboard and using normal numbers.

Is there any way to specify which keyboard I'm using to trigger a Shortcut? Or is there some trick I'm not seeing that would help?
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 8th, ’22, 20:26

It should be possible to create a shortcut with special keys. Try this:

- Create a text file in Notepad with the script below, save the file as Test.ahk.

Code: Select all

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook
KeyHistory
- Create a new shortcut in FastKeys, Type: Run, use a folder icon to select the Test.ahk file.
- Press special mouse keys and then execute the shortcut. The window with the latest keys pressed will appear, note the key codes in the columns VK and SC, for example 72, 03C or similar. Your correspondent key code is VK72 or SC03C or similar.
- Create a new shortcut in FastKeys. Double click on the Shortcut field and manually enter your key code.
Team-Hufflepuff

Post by Team-Hufflepuff » Feb 9th, ’22, 19:00

So, that doesn't seem to work for me. When it runs the ahk script, I get this error:

But also, the keys aren't "special" or "unrecognized" like the other Forum post I read here. They're being easily recognized as normal numbers. So, when I press the "1 Button" it registers as "1".

I just want to bind a shortcut to "1" on my mouse, but not "1" on my regular keyboard.

My apologies if I misinterpreted something.
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 10th, ’22, 06:33

The script you need to copy are the three green lines only.