Support to Keyboard Specific Keys

Discussion, questions and support.
Spielwurfel

Post by Spielwurfel » Feb 2nd, ’22, 01:34

Hello

I have a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT with 6 extra keys on the left side specific to be programmed for whatever function you may want. I couldn't find a way to program them within FastKeys, is there any way to use them? If I type them within the app they aren't recognized as anything.

iCUE software from Corsair is fine in terms of usage, but it is extremely resource consuming and I'd like to run my shortcuts with something lighter such as FastKeys. I can save some functions within the keyboard itself without the need to launch iCUE, but the things I want specifically can't be saved within the keyboard, so I don't have other option.

Thanks!
bs1

Post by bs1 » Feb 2nd, ’22, 10:02

Oh yes, the iCUE software is a nightmare. I had that keyboard too, but couldn't get the extra keys to respond to it via Autohotkey (which FastKeys is based on). I don't think there is a solution for that.
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 3rd, ’22, 20:23

Spielwurfel wrote: Feb 2nd, ’22, 01:34I have a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT with 6 extra keys on the left side
This should be possible. Try this:

- Create a text file in Notepad with the script below, save the file as Test.ahk.

Code: Select all

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook
KeyHistory
- Create a new shortcut in FastKeys, Type: Run, use a folder icon to select the Test.ahk file.
- Press special keys on your keyboard and then execute the shortcut. See the codes of the latest keys pressed, note the key codes in the columns VK and SC, for example 72, 03C or similar. Your key code is VK72 or SC03C or similar.
- Create a new shortcut in FastKeys. Double click on the Shortcut field and enter your key code.
Spielwurfel

Post by Spielwurfel » Feb 4th, ’22, 16:20

Tom wrote: Feb 3rd, ’22, 20:23
Spielwurfel wrote: Feb 2nd, ’22, 01:34I have a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT with 6 extra keys on the left side

- Create a text file in Notepad with the script below, save the file as Test.ahk.

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook
KeyHistory
- Create a new shortcut in FastKeys, Type: Run, use a folder icon to select the Test.ahk file.
- Press special keys on your keyboard and then execute the shortcut. See the codes of the latest keys pressed, note the key codes in the columns VK and SC, for example 72, 03C or similar. Your key code is VK72 or SC03C or similar.
- Create a new shortcut in FastKeys. Double click on the Shortcut field and enter your key code.
Sounds good, I'll try it later today, thanks for the tip =)
Spielwurfel

Post by Spielwurfel » Feb 23rd, ’22, 21:08

Tom wrote: Feb 3rd, ’22, 20:23

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook
KeyHistory
Hello Tom. So I used the script to try to get the key codes. I works basically with every key except these special keys from the keyboard, G1 to G6. See below a copy of the text generated by the script. It shows me the code for keys "a" and "b"for example, but not for the special "G" keys. The sequence of "F5"were pressed after trying G6 and G5, but the script showed only the F5 code. I also tried a software called KeyboardTest from PassMark and it didn't show me anything for the "G" keys either.

Considering this would you have any other suggestion, or there's no alternative?

Thanks and Regards

Window: C:\Users\Marcelo\Desktop\Test.ahk - AutoHotkey v1.1.30.03
Keybd hook: yes
Mouse hook: yes
Enabled Timers: 0 of 0 ()
Interrupted threads: 0
Paused threads: 0 of 0 (0 layers)
Modifiers (GetKeyState() now) =
Modifiers (Hook's Logical) =
Modifiers (Hook's Physical) =
Prefix key is down: no

NOTE: To disable the key history shown below, add the line "#KeyHistory 0" anywhere in the script. The same method can be used to change the size of the history buffer. For example: #KeyHistory 100 (Default is 40, Max is 500)

The oldest are listed first. VK=Virtual Key, SC=Scan Code, Elapsed=Seconds since the previous event. Types: h=Hook Hotkey, s=Suppressed (blocked), i=Ignored because it was generated by an AHK script, a=Artificial, #=Disabled via #IfWinActive/Exist, U=Unicode character (SendInput).

VK SC Type Up/Dn Elapsed Key Window
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
74 03F d 2.59 F5 C:\Users\Marcelo\Desktop\Test.ahk - AutoHotkey v1.1.30.03
74 03F u 0.09 F5
41 01E d 1.30 a
41 01E u 0.06 a
74 03F d 0.08 F5
74 03F u 0.09 F5
42 030 d 1.63 b
42 030 u 0.06 b
74 03F d 0.11 F5
74 03F u 0.08 F5
74 03F d 1.17 F5
74 03F u 0.09 F5
74 03F d 1.30 F5
Press [F5] to refresh.
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 24th, ’22, 21:36

I have found this video with a possible solution for Corsair K95.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzCYfuUa5U

There is a link to a file in the video description you can download and open in Corsair software (follow the instructions). Then open the shortcuts in FastKeys
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F1
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F2
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F3
etc.
which will be triggered by G keys on the keyboard. I hope this will work for you.
Spielwurfel

Post by Spielwurfel » Feb 24th, ’22, 21:44

Thanks for the answer Tom, very helpful!