How to set auto complete disableled at startup ?

Discussion, questions and support.
Marc

Post by Marc » Aug 24th, ’21, 13:28

Hello,

Very great program that helps me a lot. :P

I have just one question: In some of the programs I use, the Auto Complete function is displayed even though I have disabled it (Preferences > Auto Complete > Not active in)
One of the program in which title-based disable does not work is a Basic development IDE (www.purebasic.com). This IDE (based on Scintilla) has its own auto complete system and this creates a conflict. (I try to add 'purebasic' in Not active: no effect)

Note that this problem is random and sometimes occurs when switching from one application to another.

So I created a shortcut to disable Auto Complete (Preferences > Auto Complete > More > Enable / Disable)
It works fine, but the problem is that every time Windows restarts, Auto Complete is always ON

Question: Is it possible to keep the last state when Windows is restarted? or add an option tu set Auto complete OFF at startup ?

Thanks
Tom

Post by Tom » Aug 24th, ’21, 15:25

Try using Tools/Window information to get the window title or class.

You can disable the module in Preferences/Module activation. Is this what you are looking for?
Marc

Post by Marc » Aug 24th, ’21, 16:12

Tom wrote: Aug 24th, ’21, 15:25 Try using Tools/Window information to get the window title or class.

You can disable the module in Preferences/Module activation. Is this what you are looking for?
Good idea.

I don't want to disable it, because I use it often and then I would have to reopen the preferences window to enable/disable module. I prefer to leave it on and disable it manually when a program does not support it.

It was enough for me to ask the question for it not to do so anymore. :lol:
I will try to find out when this happens. 8-)

Thank you.