Sending text (a signature for example) to WhatsApp Web

Discussion, questions and support.
jvroom

Post by jvroom » Jun 29th, ’21, 18:57

Hi All,

Some apps (WhatsApp Web for example) want you to hold down the Shift key when you press the Enter key to insert a new line (to help format message text). If you DO NOT hold down the Shift key while pressing the Enter key, the message text that has been entered up to that point is sent. Think...Enter key is the send message key.

So, if I create an autotext text expansion item using the "send" method and set the desired send text to...

Name
Address
Phone

I end up sending 3 WhatApp messages (Where each of the above lines is sent as a separate message, instead of just inserting the 3-lines of text on separate lines.

What are my options to get FastKeys to insert the 3 -ines into a WhatsAppWeb message without triggering an Enter (Enter=Send) command?

Hopefully, I'm being clear enough.

Thanks!
Marko

Post by Marko » Jun 30th, ’21, 21:05

You can simulate Shift+Enter:
{Shift Down}{Enter}{Shift Up}
rockjonn

Post by rockjonn » Aug 18th, ’23, 08:52

jvroom wrote: Jun 29th, ’21, 18:57 Hi All,

Some apps (WhatsApp Web for example) want you to hold down the Shift key when you press the Enter key to insert a new line (to help format message text). If you DO NOT hold down the Shift key while pressing the Enter key, the message text that has been entered up to that point is sent. Think...Enter key is the send message key.

So, if I create an autotext text expansion item using the "send" method and set the desired send text to...

Name
Address
Phone

I end up sending 3 WhatApp messages (Where each of the above lines is sent as a separate message, instead of just inserting the 3-lines of text on separate lines.

What are my options to get FastKeys to insert the 3 -ines into a WhatsAppWeb message without triggering an Enter (Enter=Send) command?

Hopefully, I'm being clear enough.

Thanks!
your concern is clear. To prevent Enter from triggering message sending in WhatsApp Web using FastKeys, you can utilize the "Paste clipboard content as a new line" option. Instead of sending each line separately, create an autotext item that pastes the entire content with line breaks intact. This way, you can efficiently insert the 3 lines without invoking the Enter=Send command