Just upgraded to 5

Discussion, questions and support.
gbotes

Post by gbotes » Feb 25th, ’21, 12:40

Hi I just upgraded to Fastkeys 5. It has imported my settings and phrase files, but typing a phrase is not triggering text expansion. What am I doing wrong because I am now about to downgrade to version 4.
Marko

Post by Marko » Feb 25th, ’21, 22:33

Are you using a Portable version? If yes, you may need to adjust some links to the phrase files.

You can also contact our support mail for more detailed help.
gbotes

Post by gbotes » Feb 26th, ’21, 05:42

Not the portable version. Downloaded the installer, ran it but found no phrase files copied over. Copied them manually but still not working. Version 4.30 works perfectly, however. I am going to try a reinstall to see if that does it. Thanks for reminding me about the support email.
gbotes

Post by gbotes » Feb 26th, ’21, 05:55

OK, I deleted the FastKeys 5 folder in C:\Program Files(x86), and reinstalled by running the EXE installer with administrative privileges. Then my phrase files copied over to the My Documents folder, it seems. And running FastKeys 5 now, my phrase files are working. I figured I must have done something wrong, and maybe on my Windows 10 perhaps it required the administrative privileges, although it did not with previous installations of FastKeys.