windows impossible to maximize

Discussion, questions and support.
acquafastkeys

Post by acquafastkeys » Feb 7th, ’21, 19:12

Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 7th, ’21, 19:16

Can you please reproduce the issue step by step? Thanks.
acquafastkeys

Post by acquafastkeys » Feb 8th, ’21, 12:10

not sure, but it's probably caused by my multiscreen setup (3 monitors)
btw I did some recordings with obs, in the first part of the video something freeze my commands, probably me resizing the window
then when I move the window to another screen and place it back it's not possible to see the bottom.
in this example is still possible hiding the taskbar, but when you move the window from a lower resolution monitor to an higher it's not visible anymore. I feel like it doesn't handle correctly multi monitor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twbsu0ydy7c8a ... 3.mp4?dl=0
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 8th, ’21, 12:31

Thanks, we will try to correct this. What are the details of your smallest monitor - resolution, scaling?
acquafastkeys

Post by acquafastkeys » Feb 8th, ’21, 13:43

there's an option on windows caleld advanced scaling settings, I don't know if this determine the glitch afore mentionened

internal display (laptop)
display 2
display 3

something about the configurations: since windows won't let you use 3 monitors, I think that two of them are extended and the other one is separate. but i'm not sure since I didn't understand yet what extended, cloned, etc mean for windows. last thing, this glitch it's about the main display setting. I used to have main display on my laptop then move windows to "monitor tv" and when I moved fastkeys windows there and then back to the laptop a section of the window disappeared.
plus there's something strange about focus stealing and fastkeys, that sometimes I can't clic on dialog form because they are not on foreground (even if they are), and I think this is related to multiple monitors too.
like the main window get spawned on monitor 1, but I move one of the sub-window in another monitor, then I finish my setting and the confirfm dialog gets displayed in the monitor 1 but I can't clic on it because sub-window is on another monitor.
hope it makes sense