Can't open Fastkeys after making backup

Discussion, questions and support.
SafeTex

Post by SafeTex » Feb 3rd, ’21, 10:29

Hello

I tried to make a backup directly onto One Drive but something went wrong. This was just a backup for safety and I had no intention of using it

The problem now is that when I now click on Fastkeys to open it, it tells me that it cannot find the backup on OneDrive

Yet if I open the shortcut to see the path and location of the exe, it is in the same place as normal

"C:\Program Files (x86)\FastKeys\FastKeys.exe"

In other words, making the backup seems to have gone wrong and worse, it has "confused" FastKeys

I still have all my scripts etc. in a folder on my computer but no way of using them

Any ideas please on how to get the Fastkeys icon to work again

Thanks
Marko

Post by Marko » Feb 3rd, ’21, 12:26

It's difficult to see from your explanation what you did. Backups are made automatically, you can set the folder in Preferences/Folders.
To retrieve the backup, use File/Restore backup.
SafeTex

Post by SafeTex » Feb 3rd, ’21, 16:17

Hello Marko

I've now realised that the error message does not stop Fastkeys from opening but there are no folders, script etc in it any more.

I've tried telling Fastkeys where these folders are but they won't reload.

As for the backup problem, if I delete the backup path and then click on okay, that crashes my computer

So there are actually two problems.

How to reinstall my folders which are not lost and how to delete the backup path if that makes any sense

any ideas please?

thanks
Marko

Post by Marko » Feb 3rd, ’21, 16:53

You probably deleted some key FastKeys files by mistake. Try to reinstall.
Or contact our support mail for more specific help.
SafeTex

Post by SafeTex » Feb 8th, ’21, 09:01

Hello Marko and all
I got it to work again my installing a previous backup and so only lost a few things I was testing out
thanks
Darsh

Post by Darsh » Nov 12th, ’23, 10:16

Hello guys
After building a backup, I'm having trouble using FastKeys. The software cannot be opened. We checked for potential conflicts, but the problem persists. Any thoughts or ideas would be highly appreciated. Thanks!Gb whatsapp Download
Last edited by Darsh on Nov 18th, ’23, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Post by Tom » Nov 13th, ’23, 22:44

You can press F8 to open FastKeys main window. Alternatively right click FastKeys Tray icon (small icon on the right bottom) and select Exit.

More information:
https://fastkeysautomation.com/document ... arted.html