A character from a text expansion, being switched out with another

Discussion, questions and support.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Aug 5th, ’20, 12:42

Hello,

I'm trying to execute the following command inside of CMD, but for some reason I get §, instead of a /...

Kind regards,
Marko

Post by Marko » Aug 8th, ’20, 20:36

No idea, I tried and it works correctly on my computers.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Aug 9th, ’20, 19:01

Marko wrote: Aug 8th, ’20, 20:36 No idea, I tried and it works correctly on my computers.
Probably one of those, 'gotta restart your computer' anomalies again, will report back if restarting helped...
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Aug 15th, ’20, 17:20

Oblomov wrote: Aug 9th, ’20, 19:01
Marko wrote: Aug 8th, ’20, 20:36 No idea, I tried and it works correctly on my computers.
Probably one of those, 'gotta restart your computer' anomalies again, will report back if restarting helped...
Restarted and also tried on another computer... still the same thing... guess I will try on another installation. So tired of all these constant errors tbh
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Aug 15th, ’20, 22:21

Oblomov wrote: Aug 15th, ’20, 17:20
Oblomov wrote: Aug 9th, ’20, 19:01
Restarted and also tried on another computer... still the same thing... guess I will try on another installation. So tired of all these constant errors tbh
Just tried to add the command on a fresh, portable installation, in a completely different directory, but the result is still the same... it pastes fine inside of e.g. Notepad (without the §), but for some reason, just not inside of CMD. Surely it cannot 'just be me', when I've tried on both a fresh, portable install, but also on a different machine?
Marko

Post by Marko » Aug 17th, ’20, 16:45

I studied this a bit further and it seems the console may use a different input language settings. AutoHotkey sends a virtual key-code based on the character / and the console interprets it as the wrong character.

Try this

Code: Select all

Send, {Text}start "" /realtime ""
Send, {Left}
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Send.htm#Text
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Aug 17th, ’20, 20:18

Marko wrote: Aug 17th, ’20, 16:45 I studied this a bit further and it seems the console may use a different input language settings. AutoHotkey sends a virtual key-code based on the character / and then the console interprets that as the wrong character.

Try this

Code: Select all

Send, {Text}start "" /realtime ""
Send, {Left}
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Send.htm#Text
Oh wow, this worked! Thanks! Talk about a devil in the details...