Start Menu Shortcuts and Organization

Discussion, questions and support.
KMFMS

Post by KMFMS » Jul 24th, ’20, 03:22

I have two questions which I expect one to be fairly easy to answer and the other...maybe just as easy?

I have been using FastKeys to consolidate a number of individual AHK scripts that I have been running. One thing is noticed was that (and I assume it's due to the formatting of the settings.fdb file) we have to create separate Shortcut entries if we have a command or script that utilizes more than one hotkey sequence (e.g.- XButton2 & WheelUp and XButton2 & WheelDown do the same function). It would be nice if we indicate more than one hotkey sequence per Shortcut entry to keep things "organized". Not complete sure if I'm missing something but I believe this may be more of a feature request than an issue.

The other part to this is the Start Menu. The program that I have been running emulates the FastKeys Start Menu. It's currently set to fire on the Win+` hotkey sequence which works fine from the keyboard. However, I have been running an AHK script which, quite simply, sends Win+` when XButton2 & RButton are pressed. This allows me to bring up the menu wherever the mouse cursor is on screen by simply using the mouse. I have tried replicating this in FastKeys but have been completely unsuccessful. I enabled the Start Menu module, set the Menu Shortcut to Win+`, and created a Shortcut item to Send Win+` when XButton2 & RButton are pressed. I have tried every variant of configuration that I can think of to no avail (e.g. - {LWin Down}``{LWin Up}, #``, Chr(0x60), etc.). Don't know if this isn't possible to do but I noticed that the Menu Shortcut setting doesn't allow for Advanced hotkey specifications like the Shortcuts module does.

Sorry for the wall of text. Just wanted to make sure I was explaining myself clearly.

Thanks!
KMFMS

Post by KMFMS » Jul 25th, ’20, 03:39

After further research and testing I resolved the issue with my Start Menu request by using SendLevel.

Still looking to see if there is a way to set two hotkey shortcuts for one command without creating separate Shortcut entries.

Thanks!
Marko

Post by Marko » Jul 25th, ’20, 07:58

Thanks for your suggestions.

You could create a command once and then use Insert Another Item macro with different shortcuts.

We plan to add the advanced shortcut feature to menu settings in one of the next releases.
KMFMS

Post by KMFMS » Jul 25th, ’20, 18:59

Thanks for the follow up, Marko! I will definitely take a look at the Insert Another Item macro feature(s).
reiner.block

Post by reiner.block » May 11th, ’21, 20:13

KMFMS wrote: Jul 25th, ’20, 03:39 After further research and testing I resolved the issue with my Start Menu request by using SendLevel.
[...]
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a solution of the same problem. But I've to admit, I don't understand your solution "using SendLevel"?

Would you care to explain it to someone dumb as myself? ;)

Asking greetings
Reiner
reiner.block

Post by reiner.block » May 11th, ’21, 20:42

OK, found it myself. The only Command sequence that worked for me is

Code: Select all

SendLevel 1
Send, {LWin down}{Alt down}{Numpad0}{LWin up}{Alt up}
Just using LWin Alt and Numpad0 didn't work.