FastKeys 4.04 Released

Important information, rules and frequently asked questions. Read this first!
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 19th, ’17, 18:12

What's new in FastKeys 4.04:
November 19, 2017

Dear FastKeys users, here is the new regular update release. Few highlights:
- Preferences window was restructured to show many FastKeys settings in a more transparent way.
- FastKeys now calculates math expressions as you type. Type any math expression followed by "=" and the result will automatically be pasted into the text. You can change the behavior in Preferences/Functions/Calculator. Majority of mathematical expressions is supported including basic maths, trigonometry, logarithms etc.
- Users who use a large number of snippets will appreciate a search feature to find items within the FastKeys settings.
- and much more...

Release notes:
- Improved Preferences structure,
- New function: Calculate math expressions as you type,
- Search feature,
- Breevy import,
- Relative paths possible in Insert Image/File contents macros,
- Optimized key delays,
- Language translation updates,
- General improvements and bug fixes.

Thanks for your support, ideas and contributions which help us making the software better with each release.

Please let us know how you like the new features or if you have any comments.

Download FastKeys HERE!
gustms

Post by gustms » Nov 20th, ’17, 13:11

Thank you for the update, Marko!
Malysus

Post by Malysus » Nov 21st, ’17, 07:35

Quick integration of new request!!!
Thank you
zutsume

Post by zutsume » Nov 23rd, ’17, 12:40

Since upgrading, I noticed that if I put dots one after another:

It'll trigger the autocomplete, even if there's no string that matches that criteria.

Any suggestions?
zutsume

Post by zutsume » Nov 23rd, ’17, 13:01

I happened to have the installer from the previous version ( 4.03 ) and the issue stopped happening. So it's definitely related to the new version.
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 26th, ’17, 21:36

Sorry, I cannot reproduce this. What is the popup suggestion showing?
Archivist

Post by Archivist » Nov 28th, ’17, 17:15

How do you use the new search feature? I couldn't find it in the help
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 28th, ’17, 20:08

It is available in menu Edit/Find... or press Ctrl-F and then F3 to find a next item.
dvenus

Post by dvenus » Dec 3rd, ’17, 18:19

Hi!

I am also having trouble with "." expanding items. For example "Rd." gets expanded to RDBMS. I tried moving "." to the front of the character list but that did not help.

Another issue is that the shift key seems to get turned off after each letter, even if I continue to hold it down. An example of this is typing the abbreviation for South Carolina which is "SC" comes out "Sc".

Overall FastKeys is a really awesome program!

Thanks!

Dave
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 3rd, ’17, 20:54

dvenus wrote: Dec 3rd, ’17, 18:19 For example "Rd." gets expanded to RDBMS. I tried moving "." to the front of the character list but that did not help.
Full stop is one of the default ending characters which trigger the substitution. If you abbreviation is "rd" and substitute "RDBMS" then this is normal. You can remove "." from the list of ending characters in Preferences/Text Expander.

dvenus wrote: Dec 3rd, ’17, 18:19 Another issue is that the shift key seems to get turned off after each letter, even if I continue to hold it down. An example of this is typing the abbreviation for South Carolina which is "SC" comes out "Sc".
Do you have "sc" set as abbreviation string in your settings? If yes, what is the substitute string?