AutoComplete wordlist bug or feature?

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
Serejah

Post by Serejah » Mar 19th, ’18, 22:56

Hi.

I'm trying to make an autocomplete for scripting language and seems like I'm facing char count limit or something like that.
My original wordlist file contains around 10k lines with function names, methods, interfaces etc..
After some tests I noticed that AutoComplete doesn't start for some of characters.
So I saved all lines starting with one of these characters and started to debug.

It looks like If total word length exceeds 10300+ characters AutoComplete popup will not show up no matter what.
Unless we delete some lines or words to fit this maximum char length.

Is it some known limitation or a bug?

Thanks for this great tool, Marko!
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 21st, ’18, 09:32

I tried the file and it works as expected. What exactly is the issue and how can I reproduce it?
Serejah

Post by Serejah » Mar 21st, ’18, 11:38

Thanks for checking it.

Code: Select all

if (StrLen(MatchList)>90000) or (StrLen(Word)>999)
Can't imagine what else may be the cause of such behavior.
I'm on win7 pro sp1 x64 (rus)
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 21st, ’18, 12:07

I see, this happens in your extreme case with lots of words beginning with the same characters. We will increase the limitation in the next release.
Serejah

Post by Serejah » Mar 21st, ’18, 14:12

Thank you. Glad to hear that.

I have yet one question if you don't mind.
If user cancels/accepts AutoComplete suggestion dialog and then start typing again or backspacing or moving caret to the beginning/middle/end of existing word AutoComplete is ignorant about chars entered before (located to the left of the current char) current caret position and so shows wrong suggestion.

Is it possible to add optional user-defined command/script that will handle picking word at caret instead of just entered char?
It could be some user function that returns gathered string and AutoComplete module then use this word to show appropriate suggestions.
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 21st, ’18, 19:00

Cancelling (pressing the majority of non-word keys) or accepting always resets current word. Backspacing does not reset and it updates the typed word. I think this is standard and expected behavior.

In the next version release we will introduce a manual Auto Complete shortcut - user will be able to trigger suggestions popup manually, based on the last typed word. I hope this would be helpful for some users. Stay tuned. ;)
Serejah

Post by Serejah » Mar 21st, ’18, 19:44

Marko wrote: Mar 21st, ’18, 19:00 Backspacing does not reset and updates the typed word.
Backspacing works indeed, thanks for pointing me.