Expand Automation Editor - Easier Script Building - like a Flowchart

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
Pro

Post by Pro » Mar 19th, ’18, 12:28

Hi Marco & Developers,

Your Software is building up more and more.

We all need to automate workflows.
So we have to activate hotkeys, programs, get positions, use variables, dynamically get and insert stuff all the time with multiple programs/windows.

But it's still not that easy, except for record the script and edit it later, wich is still a little bit of a hustle (to edit it correctly).

The Thing is that would be really amazing for this year to have a much better Script Editor, that is more user friendly and faster to edit or make scripts.

Because the normal editor is a little bit too limited for complex operations.
It looks just like code (AutoIt) and is not so easy to understand and use for an enduser, for example:
toggle32:=!toggle32
Run, mmsys.cpl
WinWaitActive,Sound
if toggle32
ControlSend,SysListView321,{Down}
else
ControlSend,SysListView321,{Down 3}
Sleep, 50
ControlClick,Button2
ControlClick,OK
WinGetClass Class, A
If (A_ThisHotKey = A_PriorHotkey && A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < 350)
If Class in MozillaWindowClass,IEFrame
Send ^{vk57} ;Ctrl w
Else
Send !{F4}

I find the Flowchart-Editor-GUI a really great Option for, because you can build it in your mind, but the coding is done for you more or less.
It needs to be really easy to record and EDIT the Stuff you do.

It needs to have important quick features, like get position (by hotkey), get color, get filename, search for phrase in folder in explorer etc, use that name to insert this as path for program x, to burn dvd or activate upload or send invoice etc etc.

This could also be an addon, seperate Program or a Premium Version of fastkeys, for wich I would even pay 100$ if it works properly and many would do so as well I believe.

You maybe even take a look at other automation programs for inspiration.

This would be really nice and could be a great work / income in 2018 for you ;)

So what do you think?
Please let me know.

Best regards
Maxim
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 21st, ’18, 09:31

Hi Maxim, thanks for the suggestion, probably idea for a separate software, we'll think about it. Relatively easy to start but would quicky become complicated because of the conditions, loops etc. And the command blocks available would always be limited comparing to manual scripting.

Some macros are already available in FastKeys - Conditions, Control Click etc.