Auto Complete occasionally popping up with module deactivated

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
dennisl

Post by dennisl » Dec 8th, ’17, 09:49

I was curious why this "Auto Complete" feature was popping up for me (after updating to 4.04) as I have the Auto Complete module deactivated. By turning on/off a few of the features in preferences, it seemed to be that "Auto learn" was checked on, so I unchecked it and hit apply, and I haven't seen this occurrence again.

Just thought I would see if this was working as intended, given that this was part of the Auto Complete module and I had deactivated it.

Many thanks for the updates Marko! :D
Last edited by dennisl on Dec 9th, ’17, 18:51, edited 3 times in total.
dennisl

Post by dennisl » Dec 9th, ’17, 18:47

I needed to go back to an earlier image of my operating system, not because of FastKeys of course, but I just checked my previous settings from version 4.03 and Auto Learning was checked on along with having Auto Complete module off.

So this might not be the reason I was seeing an auto-complete word box appearing when typing partial words. For whatever reason, it seemed to stop when I unchecked Auto learn off in 4.04. It's just something I didn't have pop up (auto complete for partial words) when using 4.03.

I'll report if I find any specific behavior when upgrading to 4.04 again. :geek:
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 9th, ’17, 18:54

What you describe in your original post is a bug and will be resolved asap.
Thanks for reporting. ;)
dennisl

Post by dennisl » Dec 12th, ’17, 00:24

It just happened to me when creating a new folder called "Evernote" and I wasn't sure if it was the auto complete module kicking in, so I took a screenshot and thought I would post it... but I see you have responded that you know what the issue is.

Thanks very much Marko!