Fastkeys does not work on Outlook

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
gviso

Post by gviso » Mar 15th, ’17, 07:11

I am having trouble getting Fastkeys to work at all on my Outlook 2016 on one of the machines I use. It works OK on other machines with 2016 but not one. I've tried disabling some of the add ons but this did nothing. Are there any other reasons why this might not be working? Anything else I can do to troubleshoot?
Tom

Post by Tom » Mar 15th, ’17, 11:26

What exactly is not working? Text expanding or other modules?

If FastKeys is working on all but one computer you might check if it is not interfering with some other software.

You can also try setting a key delay - Preferences/Text Expander/Advanced - experiment with different values.
daknot

Post by daknot » Mar 22nd, ’17, 15:21

A friend of mine has reported right clicking issues within Outlook, but I haven't personally noticed this.

I have noticed some keyboard shortcuts do not work in Word however and I do not have a command set for them with Fast keys.
Such as using the Ctrl + 2 for double spacing a document.
Ctrl + 3 in fast keys by default is the dictionary look up.
Is there any reason you could see this interfering with Ctrl +2?
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 25th, ’17, 19:08

Ctrl-2 is a Pause shortcut in FastKeys. You can change it in Preferences/Shortcuts.
burque505

Post by burque505 » Apr 12th, ’17, 21:59

gviso wrote:

I am having trouble getting Fastkeys to work at all on my Outlook 2016 on one of the machines I use. It works OK on other machines with 2016 but not one. I've tried disabling some of the add ons but this did nothing. Are there any other reasons why this might not be working? Anything else I can do to troubleshoot?
I run Win7 64-bit and MS Office 64-bit. I have trouble with many programs due to permissions, but setting FastKeys to run as administrator has cleared up 90% of the FastKeys-related ones. The issues I'm still having are likely related to my setup rather than FastKeys.

Is one of your machines running 64-bit Windows, 64-bit Office, or both?
h3rb3rt

Post by h3rb3rt » May 23rd, ’17, 22:20

I have issues with text expansion on a Win7 64-bit machine... any solution?
Marko

Post by Marko » May 23rd, ’17, 23:42

If I remember correctly in your case FastKeys stops working after the first trigger? If this is the case on one computer only then this must be related to your specific computer setup (security settings, conflicting applications etc.). Or is it just the case with Outlook?