Importing and Setting Options

Discussion, questions and support.
Shawnny Canuck

Post by Shawnny Canuck » Jan 22nd, ’18, 04:48

Hello,

I was just wondering when importing a very large list of strings/substitutes into Text Expander using Microsoft Excel is there anyway to also set the option checkboxes so I don't have to go into each string and select the option(s) manually? I have thousands of entires this would take me forever. I was thinking maybe there are switches that you use in the Excel column to check the desired box you want enabled? Thanks for your help.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jan 22nd, ’18, 12:29

Do you mean Text Expander options like "Trigger immediately", "Case sensitive" etc? If you have simple phrases you can import them as a Phrase file - then you can set the options for the whole file.
Shawnny Canuck

Post by Shawnny Canuck » Jan 23rd, ’18, 04:04

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are correct I am referring to the Text Expander options. My phrases are straight forward I have a few thousand codes that are 4 digit numbers that all have substitutes thats I want to "Trigger Immediately" Can you point me to an example based on your reply? Just to give you an idea of what I am working with:

String: 5000
Description: Replacement Text
Substitute: Replacement Text
Options: Trigger Immediately

Maybe one day the options can be triggered via some switches so it can all be added easily in a spreadsheet or text file and imported with the user defined options? Just a suggestion.

Thanks again.
Shawnny Canuck

Post by Shawnny Canuck » Jan 23rd, ’18, 04:56

Never mind I see what you're saying sorry about the confusion no example required easy enough to setup.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jan 23rd, ’18, 12:39

As said, go to File/Import/Microsoft Excel and then select "Phrase File" from the "Import to" selection on the top.

But thanks for your suggestions, we will think about it. ;)